Coram Deo Academy is seeking a part-time Rhetoric School AP Physics and AP Calculus Teacher at the Dallas campus for the 2023-2024 school year. The schedule for this position will be Monday and Wednesday.
The Rhetoric School AP Physics and AP Calculus Teacher is responsible for instructing students in 12th grade by utilizing requisite content knowledge and classical pedagogy in the discipline of physics and calculus.
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
Essential Job Functions
- Display Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching.
- Exhibit skill in training, instructing, and disciplining students in a manner that fosters spiritual growth.
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another.
- Commit to Biblical peacemaking.
- Teach students by utilizing Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy.
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents in a timely manner.
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty and district meetings.
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursue additional continuing education requirements.
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide.
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect, per CDA policy.
- Grade assignments and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Observe and evaluate student performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom.
- Prepare classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication techniques.
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Understand and adhere to all CDA policies and procedures, as written in the Administrative Policy Handbook, Campus Protocol, etc.
In addition to the following, applicants must agree with CDA’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- First-hand knowledge of Christian, classical, & collaborative educational model preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and in depth understand of History subject matter.
- Exhibit the gifting and desire necessary to teach in assigned grade levels and courses.
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills needed (Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to learn and utilize online platforms for remote teaching via computer and personal wi-fi.
- Utilize effective communication skills in collaboration with parents and staff.
- Demonstrate patience and humility in stressful situations.
- Exhibit good listening skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of child development particular to the assigned grade levels.
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills.
When performing activities throughout the day related to the educating of students, the teacher spends the majority of the day standing in the classroom. He or she must walk through the classroom and be able to maneuver in tight spaces between desks, etc. Dealing with the students can entail kneeling or squatting, stooping, and bending from 50-70 degrees at the waist on an occasional to frequent basis. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects (textbooks and materials). The teacher often moves children’s desks and chairs to change the layout of the classroom to influence the learning situation. The teacher must see and hear on a continuous basis as well as speak frequently. Positions may vary from standing, sitting, or walking. On a rare occasion it may be necessary to move quickly, run, etc. over smooth to uneven surfaces such as on asphalt, pea gravel, or on the grass. The teacher must have manual dexterity to use office equipment, manipulate books and other learning materials, and assist students with various activities. The teacher must have repetitive movement of fingers and hands for keyboarding.
Physical Work Environment
The work environment will vary from potentially very loud situations such as cafeterias and playgrounds to more moderate situations such as classrooms or large group professional settings. The majority of time will be spent indoors with consideration for adaptability to all weather conditions related to outdoor activities and/or travel. The employee must be able to work in airconditioned and heated environments under florescent lighting.