Covenant Christian Academy offers a Christian and Classical education that builds students’ academic, spiritual, and social foundations for lives marked by leadership and service in today’s global community. A Covenant education prepares students to excel in collegiate studies and intellectual pursuits, nurtures Christian faith and character, and fosters individual gifts and abilities.
The USLR Principal provides educational leadership for the learning and growth of all students and the success of all staff by cultivating a shared vision that makes powerful teaching and learning the central focus of the school. The incumbent ensures a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment, implementing appropriate curriculum, staffing, and scheduling; establishes and maintains partnerships with families, and other stakeholders to support the mission of the school; and nurtures a school culture of reflective practice, high expectations, and continuous learning for staff.
Responsibilities for the USLR school principal include, but are not limited to:
- Provide visionary leadership in the development and implementation of the school's educational goals and strategies for the upper school division with a Christ-centered focus.
- Foster a culture of academic excellence, continuous improvement, and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Academics to develop and implement a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum aligned with the school's mission and values.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students to create a vibrant and inclusive student life program that fosters student engagement, personal development, and spiritual growth.
- Collaborate with the administrative team to develop and manage the upper school budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to support academic and student life programs.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute Step-Up and Preview nights in collaborations with Dean of Academics and Dean of Students
- Plan, coordinate, and execute Graduation Ceremony
- Oversee and manage all end of year events (Baccalaureate, USLR Awards, Senior Brunch) in collaboration with Dean of Academics and Dean of Students
- Manage the performance and professional development of the Dean of Academics and the Dean of Students, providing guidance, support, and feedback
- Build the USLR class schedule and oversee all student scheduling with the Registrar
- Provide a comprehensive and accredited grades 7-12 education program for 166 days of academic instruction per school year
- Serve as the instructional leader monitoring the delivery and evaluation of the education program
- Model and set high expectations for quality of content, student effort and student work, and support educators to consistently uphold these expectations
- Establish environment where students demonstrate respect for and affirm their own (self-awareness) and others’ (social awareness) differences related to background, identity, language, strengths, and challenges; respond appropriately using biblical interventions when conflicts or misunderstandings arise
- In conjunction with the Director of Campus Safety, develop and implement health, safety analysis, security, fire, and crisis intervention plans for the school
- Assure plans, procedures, and routines are in place for orderly and efficient transition of students for arrival, dismissal, meals, class transitions, assemblies, events and recess
- Demonstrate high expectations for student safety, health and social and emotional well-being as informed by the historic Christian tradition, including systems for student behavior expectations and appropriate training and reinforcement for staff to uphold these expectations
- Welcome families with cultural sensitivity; collaborate with others to identify and remove barriers for families, including those whose primary home language is not English
- Proactively reach out to families and when concerns arise and effectively reach equitable solutions that satisfy families, faculty, and staff and support the school's mission
- Monitor the implementation of effective discipline and attendance practices of both students and staff.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Build consensus around critical school decisions
- Work with the Admissions Department to identify mission-aligned students and families for acceptance to the institution
- Participate in the accreditation process as part of the Head of School’s Cabinet
- Other duties as delegated by the Head of School
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Master’s Degree required (Doctorate preferred)
- At least 5 years of classroom teaching and/or educational leadership experience.
- Model a growing and vibrant Christian witness; able to sign and affirm the CCA Statement of Faith
- Strong team builder, who will work in conjunction with CCA faculty and staff to develop a culture with Christian values, philosophy, and mission
- Ability to recruit, develop, and lead CCA faculty and staff to educate the future leaders of our community, nation, and world with a Biblical worldview
- Ability to articulate the unique educational ethos associated with Classical Education
- Understand and apply high performance and data-driven practices to ensure educational achievement
- Build and sustain positive relationships with staff, parents, colleagues, and community
Applicants must be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. All employees must maintain
the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
Contract runs: through June 2025
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Please click here to apply.
Candidates must submit a letter of interest, professional resume (showing no gaps in employment), Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary in order to be considered for the position.
Position will remain open until filled. Candidate interviews will be scheduled following review of requested material. Position may be filled at anytime through the search process once a desired candidate has been identified.