The Covenant School is seeking to fill an opening for a second grade teacher who is passionate about teaching the Liberal Arts and Sciences in a Christian environment. Applicants with a bachelor's degree in an academic discipline as well as an education degree are preferred. The ideal candidate would cultivate strong partnerships with parents while fostering an engaging and positive culture in the classroom.
This person is responsible for:
- Fostering a classroom environment that promotes joy in learning and love of others,
- Designing lessons using the Understanding by Design (Backward Design) model,
- Having an understanding of curriculum and content in a way that leads to delivering engaging and insightful lessons,
- Differentiating lessons to meet the needs of all students,
- Performing other related duties as directed by the Head of Lower School, and
- Participating in professional development.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A commitment to Covenant's Christian principles;
- Experience working with students;
- A genuine, caring attitude toward students;
- The ability to communicate clearly and establish effective, working relationships with students, parents, teachers, and staff; and
- The ability to be flexible working with various levels of students, subjects, and teaching methodologies.
The person must also be comfortable sharing his/her faith with students.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Ms. Melissa Frazier, Assistant to the Head of Lower School, via email: email@example.com.