The Classical Academic Press Curriculum Consultant position is a full-time sales and customer service role. It is a salaried position (not commission-based) that requires a minimum of 40 hours of work per week (Monday-Friday), during regular business hours. Candidates must be available to work on site in our Camp Hill, Pennsylvania offices with frequency. Some hybrid work will be allowed. Only local and regional candidates will be considered.
Classical Academic Press (CAP) is a classical education curriculum, media, and consulting company. We are the product of years of brainstorming, conversations, thoughtful critiques, and application in private, public/charter, and homeschool classrooms. Our mission is to produce and supply to today’s market the finest classical curricula and resources. Our motto, “Classical Subjects Creatively Taught” is evidenced in the production of classical curricula and media with a clear design and structure and incremental and systematic instruction, all with a touch of delight, creativity, and flair. Learning should be fun and beautiful!
CAP is growing; increasing market share, building new relationships, and continuing to serve existing clients well. The Curriculum Consultant role plays an integral part in developing new and cultivating existing relationships with schools and distributors.
Main Areas of Responsibility
The Curriculum Consultant, as a member of the CAP Sales Team will:
● Responsible for providing product information and service to customers; acquiring, developing, and maintaining relationships with new and potential school accounts and customers; and provide support for the CAP Sales Team on larger initiatives and special projects.
● Require strong skills in the area of:
○ Customer service and care
○ Communication (verbal and written)
○ Data collection and maintenance
○ Organization and administration
○ Working both independently and collaboratively
○ Juggling multiple goals and objectives at one time
○ Software use and proficiency
○ An understanding of our sales cycle and general best business practices
● Support of the Sales Team goals by Increasing CAP’s overall revenue evidenced in the following areas:
● Increasing merchandise sales (all CAP texts and monographs).
● Increasing licensing and e-sales
● Increasing CAP’s market share in sales to schools and distributors
● Utilize data to increase sales.
● Actively scout for new customers; increase market share by identifying and contacting (cold calling) potential new customers.
● Recommend new sales strategies.
● Participate in market-reach initiatives.
● Prepare individual client reports as requested.
● The Curriculum Consultant will meet weekly with the sales team, as well as with the Sales Manager (once per month, sales meetings will be on location in our Camp Hill offices)
● Expected to communicate exceptionally well, whether in person (at a conference), over the phone, or through email demonstrating CAP’s mission of delighting customers.
● The Curriculum Consultant will use CAP’s resources, become knowledgeable about all CAP products and services.
● The Curriculum Consultant will travel and attend between three to six conferences, February-October, annually.
To apply: please submit cover letter and resume to Michele Skinner at email@example.com