Every Rafiki Village houses missionaries and orphaned children, operates preK-12 classical Christian schools and teacher's colleges, employs 40-70 national staff, conducts Bible study for everyone, and serves as a hub for supplying Bibles, Bible study, and school curriculum for African churches. Rafiki Plant Managers keep the infrastructure operating in order to make all of this possible. If you are skilled in any of the trades, like to fix things, and would like to train and mentor others, you could have a great impact on advancing the Kingdom of God in Africa. As a Plant Manager you would oversee repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, vehicles, facilities, and equipment within a Rafiki Village. You would also supervise and train groundskeepers, maintenance personnel, and security personnel. This often includes new construction and outfitting and remodeling of existing structures. It also usually means being creative and flexible to use the materials and tools available in Africa – think MacGyver!
- A follower of Christ whose life exhibits the good works and fruit of the Spirit which accompany salvation
- A willingness to raise prayer and financial support
- The successful completion of missionary training at the Rafiki Home Office in Eustis, Florida
- Familiarity with construction, mechanics, electrical, plumbing
- Agreement with Rafiki’s Statement of Faith
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required