To apply for a faculty or staff position, please submit an application and send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The overall purpose of this full-time, 12 month support position establishes and grows relationships with current and prospective donors and charitable foundations for the purpose of maintaining and increasing the long-term support of EHA. This position will work in close collaboration with the Director of Development, Director of Admissions and Communications, and Annual Giving Coordinator in the advancement office.
Position Reporting Responsibility:
This position reports directly to the Director of Development.
Anyone who is seeking this position at EHA must:
● Agree with the EHA statement of religious beliefs, mission, vision, and values
● Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to urban Christian education including a mature ability to steward cross-cultural relationships
● Commitment to advancing the mission of Elijah House Academy through hard work, innovation, and partnership with the fundraising department, and in good stewardship of all resources
● Effective interpersonal communication practices (written and verbal), integrity with confidential information, organizational skills, strong independent project management, listening skills, and ability to handle stressful situations with professionalism and flexibility
● Be able to work independently and as a team player
● Ability to carry and manage multiple projects simultaneously coordinating team members, volunteers, and vendors.
● Be self-motivated in initiating contacts with current and prospective donors
● Proficient typing and editing skills. Strong writing ability given basic guidelines
● Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate years of experience
● 5 years experience in nonprofit fundraising, business development, sales or comparable role.
● Proven access to local networks and ability to build relationships through networking. Knowledge or experience in church networks preferred.
● Must have a valid driver’s license and means of personal transportation.
● Be able to work on-site at Elijah House Academy as required to interface with school leadership and to host donor visits and events
● Professionalism in appearance, handling confidential information, and meeting deadlines.
● Be willing to commit to the position for at least three years
Position Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Donor Relationships: Provide leadership to individual giving relationships
a. Strategically manage and grow a portfolio of 150 donor relationships with individuals having the potential to give $1k-16k annually. This would include a mix of existing, new, and lapsed donors through one to one visits, phone conversations, events, tours, and through electronic and written communication.
b. Meet goals within the portfolio pertaining to engagements, proposals, renewal rates, and income.
c. Collaborate with advancement team members to produce the annual fundraising, year end, and communications plans
d. Share a passion for relationships
2. Charitable foundations
a. Manage grant applications, submissions, stewardship, and follow-up reporting
b. Manage and maintain good working relationships with current grantors. This includes submitting all grant reports in a timely fashion.
c. Identify new foundation sources
a. Serve as a member of the communication team ensuring donor centric multichannel communication. Manage and implement the donor care plan stewarding, engaging and inviting annual gifts.
b. Create videos, graphics, newsflashes, etc.
a. Coordinate, recruit, and run monthly donor campus tours (shared)
b. Network, host, and follow up with visitors for events on campus
c. Collaborate with advancement staff and volunteers in:
i. Gala: planning as well as sponsorship and table host solicitation
ii. Partner day and Pastor Appreciation
d. Attend networking events
5. General Administrative Duties
a. Share GiftWorks (donor software) management
b. Develop and maintain reports (in GiftWorks, word processing, and spreadsheets) on progress towards goals as requested
c. Share advancement team office tasks
a. Manage church leadership relationships through regular communication (tours, phone conversations, events, and through electronic, video, digital, and written communication), summer supply collections, grant applications, submissions, stewardship, and follow-up reporting
b. Manage and maintain good working relationships with church leadership. This includes submitting all grant reports in a timely fashion.
c. Identify viable new church relationships
a. Assist a homeroom teacher with morning discipleship
b. Attend weekly advancement meetings and monthly staff meetings
c. Participate in staff training
d. Other duties as needed