Coram Deo Academy offers a rich culture and competitive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance: 75% for employee only and 50% for employee plus dependents (Coverage Begins Immediately)
- Health Savings Account: Up to $50/month Employer Match with a $50 Employee Contribution
- 403(b) Retirement Plan – Up to 3% Employer Match With 3% Contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy of $30,000.00
- CDA Tuition Benefit for Employee’s Child(ren) up to $22,500.00
- Five (5) One-Day Holidays: Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, and Labor Day
- Six (6) Full Vacation Periods: Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas (Two Weeks), Spring Break, and Summer Vacation
- Personal/Sick Leave: 40 hours (First Year) and 80 hours (Second and Subsequent Years)
- Master’s Reimbursement Program: 75% reimbursement for tuition costs up to $20,000.00
Logic/Rhetoric teachers are responsible for instructing students from 5th grade through 12th grade with requisite content knowledge using classical pedagogy in their specific disciplines. Courses for this position include 5th-8th grade pre-algebra and algebra with the possibility of AP calculus.
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
- Demonstrate the love of Christ and encourage students in developing a relationship with Him
- Demonstrate Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching
- Demonstrate a Biblical understanding of authority
- Demonstrate skill in training, instructing, and disciplining children focusing on the heart
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another
- Commitment to Biblical peacemaking
- Teach students in a manner consistent with Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents, responding in a timely manner
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty meetings and district meetings
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursue additional continuing education requirements
Essential Job Functions
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect per policy
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom with a focus on habit training
- Evaluate students' class work and assignments
- Prepare classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication needed for this University-Model ™ approach
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere
In addition to the following, applicants must agree with CDA’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree as determined by the course
First-hand knowledge of Christian, classical, & collaborative educational model preferred
Exhibit the gifting and desire necessary to teach in the requested discipline or grade level
Basic computer skills needed (Word, Outlook, etc.) Possess the technological ability to utilize online platforms to teach classes remotely with a computer and at-home wi-fi.
Personal Qualities Required
- Utilize effective communication skills in collaboration with parents and staff
- Demonstrate patience and humility in stressful situations
- Exhibit good listening skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of child development with a focus on the age being taught
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Prompt and timely attendance
- Appropriate modest attire
- Appropriate social media presence
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with occasional times outdoors