North Star Classical Christian School (https://nsclassical.com/) is a K-10 school in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Our approach blends the enduring elements of classical learning and the eternal message of Scripture within the context of a supportive community. By nourishing the whole child—mind, soul, and heart—we seek to cultivate personal growth in each North Star student.
We are looking to hire a full time Latin Teacher for 2024-2025 academic year. Teacher job description includes the following:
North Star Classical Christian School
North Star Classical Christian School exists to to provide a classical Christian learning environment where:
- God is acknowledged as both the source and purpose of all knowledge.
- The purpose of education is seen not just as college or career training and preparation, but as soul and virtue formation. Students are equipped to identify what is good, true, and beautiful, and encouraged to seek after goodness, truth, and beauty.
- Children are broadly equipped with the tools of learning and intellectual virtues in order to observe and listen with discernment, think critically and logically, reason persuasively and precisely, and clearly articulate goodness and truth compassionately and humbly for the glory of God and the good of their neighbor. They will be prepared and encouraged to live purposefully with a genuine love of learning.
- Parents are seen as having the primary responsibility for their children’s education and are expected to participate with and support the school in providing their children with a distinctly classical, collaborative, academically excellent education.
Purpose of Position:
The Teacher fulfills the mission of North Star Classical Christian School by fostering a positive and engaging culture by primarily focusing on the academic program at the classroom level. This position collaborates with the Academic Dean, Education Council, and other faculty to provide a cohesive program and support that enables students to flourish.
Position:Full-Time or Part-Time; 9-month position; salaried, at-will employee
Reports To: Academic Dean
- BA/BS required.
- Experience in Christian education preferred
- Active member/regular attendee of a Bible believing church and committed to growth in his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission of North Star Classical Christian School
- A teacher and learner at heart who loves students of all ages and exudes enthusiasm for shepherding their growth
- Characterized by integrity and maintains confidentiality
- Demonstrates consistent spiritual leadership, applying grace and truth when working with staff and students
- Proven ability to work with faculty, students, administrators, and parents
- Demonstrates excellence in written and verbal communication
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively carry out professional duties while also being able to foster deep, meaningful relationships with students and staff.
Job Type: Full-time / Part-Time
Pay: $28 - $32/hour