Teaching and helping students communicate and understand the language of Latin. Encourage students to practice vocabulary learned and assist students in accurately listening, speaking, writing, and reading Latin. Techniques such as role-playing, dialogue, language games, and other formal exercises can be used in teaching Latin.
Coram Deo Academy hires individuals that profess the historic Christian faith. The Nicene Creed describes the minimum understanding of and subscription to Christian belief required of employees of the Academy. Every employee must also profess to be a Christian believer and subscribe to this statement. As evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in their lives, Coram Deo Academy expects all employees to be actively involved in a local church where their faith in practice is consistent with the Academy’s mission and statement of faith.
- Demonstrate expertise and in-depth understanding of the subject-matter.
- Display Christian love, faith, truthfulness, and virtue in all facets of life and teaching.
- Exhibit skill in training, instructing, and disciplining students in a manner that fosters spiritual growth.
- Work to build the school community toward a love of Christ and one another.
- Commit to Biblical peacemaking.
- Teach students by utilizing Christian principles and classical philosophy and pedagogy.
- Communicate regularly with administration and parents in a timely manner.
- Post assignments and grades according to school policies and practices.
- Actively participate in faculty and district meetings.
- Complete CDA’s Teacher Certification Program per policy and pursue additional continuing education requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Create lesson plans using the principles from The Seven Laws of Teaching as a guide.
- Maintain online grades in CDA Connect, per CDA policy.
- Grade assignments and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Observe and evaluate student performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom.
- Prepare classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Record and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with CDA parents using positive, proactive communication techniques.
- Create a vibrant teaching atmosphere.
- Understand and adhere to all CDA policies and procedures, as written in the Administrative Policy Handbook, Campus Protocol, etc.
In addition to the following, applicants must agree with CDA’s mission, vision, core values, and goals.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
First-hand knowledge of Christian, classical, & collaborative educational model preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Utilize effective communication skills in collaboration with parents and staff.
- Exhibit the gifting and desire necessary to teach in assigned grade levels and courses.
- Intermediate computer skills needed (Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to learn and utilize online platforms for remote teaching via computer and personal wi-fi.
- Demonstrate patience and humility in stressful situations.
- Exhibit good listening skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of child development particular to the assigned grade levels.
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Prompt and timely attendance.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 15 pounds.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled classroom environment with occasional times outdoors.