Holy Trinity Classical Christian School was established in 2012 with the purpose of cultivating joyful, virtuous, and wise citizens whose lives are built upon the bedrock of faith in Jesus Christ. The primary role of the Head of School will be to provide prayerful, executive yet pastoral leadership and administration. The Head of School will guard the Vision and Mission of the school and seek in themselves and the larger school body a love of truth, goodness, and beauty. An essential requirement for this leadership position is the ability to deliver eloquent, passionate, and persuasive presentations across all constituencies regarding the school, Classical Christian education, and advancement. The Head of School reports directly to the Board of Trustees. The ideal Head of School candidate will be an ordained Anglican priest/scholar or layperson gifted with a living faith expressed in the love of educating children and experienced in Classical Christian-based teaching and administration.
Grades: Preschool to 12th Grade
Student Body: 360+
Staff: 18 (reference attached organizational chart)
Operating Budget: $ 4.6 Million per year
Advancement: $ 1.0 Million per year in tuition offset (Holy Trinity Fund)
Phase 1 capital campaign (82% met*). Phase 2: TBD 3-5+ years
Campus(s): One primary campus under expansion*. (The Preschool is currently located at the St. Helena Anglican Church)
Anglican Background: Ordained Anglican priest or confirmed Anglican layperson**
Education: Bachelor’s degree or preferably a master’s degree in a major relevant to classical education
Leadership Experience: Proven ability and 5 + years school/business senior management leadership experience and 5+ years teaching experience highly preferred.
Classical Christian Education: Experienced in teaching, administration, and development of this method/curriculum highly preferred.
- Serves as the “spiritual leader” of the school through a living faith expressed in loving as Christ loves and a gifted heart for loving and educating children.
- Ensures proper daily administration and educational competency of the school through the provost, principals and deans, teachers, and staff.
- Models, champions, and encourages excellence in Classical Christian pedagogy and scholarship.
- Recruits, organizes, develops, and retains a highly competent faculty and staff to achieve and maintain the targeted standards of the academic program.
- Serves as a key spokesperson and advocate for the school as appropriate to the position of Head of School. (The Head of School plays a significant role in representing the school to parents and donors).
- Ensures adherence to all pertinent policies and procedures through the provost.
- Discerns God’s will in leading the school toward specific goals and targeted future state.
- Implements, in conjunction with the Board of Trustees, a forward-looking strategic plan that is faithful to the mission and vision of the school.
- Ensures the present and future fiscal health of the school through budget management, student body retention and growth, and visionary leadership.
Timing: Fall 2024 School Start (Summer 2024 onboarding preferred)
Salary and Benefits: To $150,000+/year plus benefits commensurate with education and experience. Typical benefits are noted below.
Benefits Description Level/Timing COLA/Merit Increase 4% 2022 Tuition HT eligible children 100% Medical Insurance BCBS (High Deductible.) HOS and family 100% Dental Insurance HOS and family 100% Vision Insurance HOS and family 100% Life Insurance Optional 100% Retirement 2% matching of individual contributions Vacation 10 days Summer Sick Days 5 Personal Days 2
Candidate Discernment Process
Following a recommendation by the Search Committee, the candidate is requested to visit and tour the school during normal operating hours. This allows the candidate to see the “culture” of the school visible only through the students, faculty, and staff. The candidate will be presented and have opportunities to meet key personnel and speak at chapels and other forums. This is both an onboarding/constituency-building step and a further opportunity for us to get to see the candidate in action.
During the visit, the candidate will meet with the Board of Trustees and Board of Governors to share key elements of his background, faith, understanding of Classical Education and other pertinent aspects of his career and vision for the position of head.
Additionally, a number of casual meetings with board members, clergy, deans, current Head of School, and others are scheduled over meals and in other forums benefit the mutual discernment process.
Following this visit, an offer will be extended if mutually discerned. The Search Committee recommends the candidate to the Board of Trustees. If approved, final approval to extend the offer is granted by the Board of Governors.
**Note: The candidates may quality for the position if their faith denomination aligns with the Anglican tenets and the individual is willing to pursue Anglican confirmation.