Department: Grammar School
Reports to: Grammar School Principal
Pay Range: $220/ day
Employment dates: December 2023-March 2024
The Cambridge School is a flourishing Junior Kindergarten through 12th grade classical Christian school in the San Diego area. The school is seeking a passionate teacher who personally aligns with the mission, vision, and values of the school. At The Cambridge School, we are equipping students to think well, love rightly, and live wisely. The school seeks to employ thoughtful educators who will execute the school’s mission with intentionality. The school seeks teachers who are committed to the classical Christian model of education and are interested in shaping student’s affections to love the true, good, and beautiful by providing them with an education that is formative rather than merely informative. To learn more about the school visit us at www.cambridgeclassical.org.
An ideal candidate will have experience teaching in a classical Christian environment or at least two years of classroom teaching experience, preferably in grades K-6. A graduate degree and teaching credential are not required, but are preferred. Successful candidates will wholeheartedly agree with our school’s statement of faith and will see teaching as a vocational destination, not a stepping stone.
Some general requirements of a Grammar School Teacher Long-Term Substitute include:
- Shadow lead teacher before taking over classroom responsibilities
- Model the qualities and attitude of a humble, lifelong learner
- Maintain a healthy, respectful classroom environment that promotes the virtuous pursuit of knowledge and truth
- Prepare for lessons and execute the provided curriculum
- Mentor students in a way that shepherds the hearts of the students and does not merely discipline to modify behavior
If you love learning and love teaching children, please send a letter of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.