We are looking for an experienced educator who shares our Christian classical commitments and has a background in Latin. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and thoughtful educator capable of guiding students–likely in the elementary or middle school range–through the basics of Latin grammar and translation.
This candidate should possess a high level of proficiency in idiomatic Latin, specifically in areas such as noun case usage, enabling him or her to lead students towards comprehension and enthusiasm for the language. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible for instructing students through thoughtfully selected, appropriately leveled readings that not only foster an understanding of ancient Roman culture but also serve as a precursor to the primary sources they will encounter in future courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and facilitate Latin lessons across various grade levels in the grammar and/or logic stages, adhering to the school’s educational philosophy and in conversation with the language chair and principals.
• Facilitate, evaluate, and track student learning.
• Collaborate effectively with colleagues, staff, and school leaders.
• Engage in continuous professional development.
• Actively participate in school life, attending advancement events, school retreats, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Latin, Classics, or another related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years of teaching experience, with a preference for those familiar with the Christian classical model.
• Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
• Readiness to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with students, parents, and school stakeholders.
• Alignment with our school’s statement of faith and commitment to the school’s mission, vision, and values.