Cahaya Bangsa Classical School, a dual-internationally accredited classical, Christian school located outside of Bandung, Indonesia, is hiring a 12th grade English / Rhetoric Teacher for the next academic year. The position entails leading English-speaking, Indonesian students in the study of authors like CS Lewis and Harper Lee as well as guiding their research, writing, presentation, and defense of a year-long capstone project, the senior thesis.
The ideal candidate is one who views teaching as a missional calling, has a deep personal faith, possesses an appreciation for other cultures, can be adaptable and flexible, and brings a strong understanding of Rhetoric and/or classical, Christian education. This position begins in July of the 2024/2025 school year.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Teach English and Rhetoric to grade 12 students within a Biblical worldview towards the spiritual formation of students, including but not limited to: the study of classical texts, the development of critical thinking skills, argumentation and debate, research, writing, and public speaking
- Create and implement lesson plans that are aligned with the school’s classical Christian curriculum and educational philosophy.
- Foster a positive classroom environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, engagement, and respect for each person as an image-bearer of God
- Provide students with timely, individualized feedback and support to guide them in reaching their academic goals.
- Collaborate with other faculty members to support the school's mission and promote academic excellence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Native English speaker from America, Australia/New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, or the United Kingdom
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Rhetoric, English, Humanities or a related field
- Teaching certification or credential (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA certification, etc.)
- Teaching experience in secondary education preferred, but not required
- Understanding (or familiarity with) classical, Christian education and a Christian worldview
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and administrators along with healthy interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, and react with discretion under varying conditions
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and growth
- Profession of faith in Jesus Christ and a demonstrated lifestyle in keeping with Christian values
- Agreement to uphold the CBCS Statement of Faith
Benefits & Facilities:
- Medical / Health allowance (in-country only, spouse & children included)
- Income Tax allowance
- Housing allowance
- Legal visa & documentation to work (spouse & children visas included)
- Airfare for arrival and return to home country upon end of contract (spouse & children included)
- Annual airfare to visit passport country, if contract extended (employee + family, 3 children max.)
- Breakfast and lunch every work day (employee only)
- Daily transportation to and from school
Background Check Statement:
CBCS conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
If you are a mature Christian with a sense of adventure, someone who loves to learn, has a passion for inspiring students to become life-long learners, and feels called to share the gospel and equip the next generation in South East Asia, you may be a great fit for our faculty!