Join the Stony Brook School Faculty for the 2024-2025 School Year!
Established in 1922, The Stony Brook School is a co-ed, Christian, college preparatory (grades 7-12) boarding and day school situated on a beautiful 55-acre campus on the north shore of Long Island in New York. The Stony Brook School is known around the world as an institution that prizes both academic rigor and authentic Christian faith. With talented students from around the country and around the globe coming to us from a variety of faith backgrounds, potentially world-changing ministry opportunities abound. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or view our Faculty Profile here.
The Stony Brook School is seeking an experienced and innovative educator to teach Biology and Biology Honors beginning August 2024. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a Christian academic institution as a member of a talented and dedicated faculty. All candidates should have a demonstrable Christian commitment and an educational philosophy that is consistent with The Stony Brook School's mission statement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Science Education, or a related field, with a master's degree preferred
- High energy, high career ambition, and strong ability to connect with teenagers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to serve in a faith-based learning environment that emphasizes faithful Christian scholarship and character formation
- An enthusiasm and excitement for teaching freshmen and sophomores
- Proficiency with technology and a desire to incorporate technology into the classroom
- Ability to differentiate and diversify instruction effectively in block periods
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team of teachers
- Ability to interact professionally with parents and school community members, including high-achieving students from many different ethnic, cultural, and educational backgrounds
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and lifelong learning
- Desire to contribute to various aspects of school life (advisor, dorm parent, coach, club sponsor)
In addition to the typical teaching load of four to five sections of class, Stony Brook faculty members contribute to all aspects of boarding school life, including evening and weekend supervisory duties, coaching, chaperoning, proctoring study halls, and overseeing meals. The Stony Brook School particularly seeks candidates who are enthusiastic about possibly living in a dormitory apartment and providing residential life leadership.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education and includes housing, some utilities, meals,and a robust benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, 403(b) with match. Tuition remission is available.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to sbs.org/careers. Questions may be directed to Employment@sbs.org. Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.
The Stony Brook School is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at The Stony Brook School are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, citizenship, genetic predisposition, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- $33,000 to $106,000 including excellent health insurance (with no premiums) provided for all full-time faculty, excellent retirement benefits. Posted compensation may include housing and utilities benefits for residential faculty.
Please apply today at https://stonybrookschool.applicantpro.com/jobs/