Serious about historic, orthodox Christian faith and practice? Passionate about cultivating students of wisdom and virtue? At Veritas School, athletics is an important and integrated component of our effort to form young people who are serious about their Christian faith and prepared for a flourishing life. We are currently seeking an Athletic Director who possesses a passion for student formation through athletics as a key part of students' Christian paideia.
Veritas School is a private classical K-12 school that is grounded in the historic orthodox Christian faith. We are also a team of friends, not merely colleagues, who are committed to shaping the hearts and minds of students through our shared efforts. Over the past decade, God has grown our school to include 675 students and over 100 faculty and staff who have been drawn to Veritas from locations across our city, our country, and even the world. Together, our administrators, faculty, staff, and families have created a compelling vision of education that has placed our school in a leadership position within the classical Christian community. Our athletics program is integrated part of our vision, and our Athletic Director and coaches encourage students to strive for excellence, practice sportsmanship, and glorify God in everything they do.
At Veritas, the Director of Athletics doesn't just manage our sports program-you'll also be shaping young lives and future leaders. The Athletic Director is responsible for:
- Organizing and overseeing all athletic programs, including scheduling and logistics.
- Hiring, training, and supporting our dedicated coaching staff
- Ensuring compliance with all local, state, and national athletic regulations
- Collaborating with faculty, parents, and students to promote a healthy and competitive athletic environment
- Representing the school at various state, regional, and national athletic associations, including the leagues in which Veritas teams participate.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a mature Christian faith and a commitment to integrating faith and learning.
- Has experience in athletic administration or coaching, preferably in an independent school setting.
- Is familiar with the classical education model and its application to athletics.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and execution driven.
- Has strong administrative skills: organizational skills, planning skills, time management skills, and communication skills.
- Is passionate about fostering a positive and competitive athletic culture.
WHY JOIN US?
- Impact: Play a key role in developing student-athletes who excel not just in sports, but also in life.
- Environment: Work in a supportive, Christian community that values every individual.
- Growth: Enjoy opportunities for personal and professional growth, including continuing education support.
- Benefits: We offer health benefits, retirement plans, and more.
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE THE LEAP?
If you're ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you! To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through our online application form at iSolved. Join us in cultivating the next generation of athletes and leaders at Veritas School!
Note: The safety and well-being of our students and staff are paramount. As such, all employees must pass a thorough background check prior to employment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.