The Position: We seek a dynamic, education-minded athletic director / teacher to join our staff as we come alongside parents to raise their students to be all that God desires. The athletic director will lead our 5th-12th grade Christ-centered athletic program to its next level, teach part-time, function as a godly role-model, and support the mission and philosophy of the School. The AD will report to the head of school and work in collaboration with the principals physical education department chair and director of operations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
• Uphold and promote the WCA Athletics Philosophy, Guidelines, and Expectations
• Develop our program according to our athletic plans and create vision for our bright future
• Oversee coaching needs for all sports including hiring, contracts/agreements, compensation, etc.
• Design and oversee Athletics communications to WCA community
• Oversee Athletics budget
• Coordinate all practice/game schedules with WCA facilities and event calendar
• Maintain Athletics records and documentation such as sports physicals, permissions, registration, etc.
• Assess/evaluate/inventory uniform, equipment, supply needs
• Represent WCA and attend necessary league meetings
• Oversee/delegate supervision for all home athletic event activities
• Teach 2 or 3 classes per day (likely, PE)
• A follower of Jesus Christ and personal agreement with our Statement of Faith and lifestyle agreement
• Detail oriented and organized with excellent communication skills
• A passion for athletics and the positive role coaches and team sports can play in a student’s life development
• Ability to coach, teach, and inspire
• Appropriate experience in athletics, education, and leadership
• A commitment to a healthy lifestyle
• Friendly, conscientious, and professional demeanor; teachable spirit
• A commitment to Christian education and developing a life-long biblical worldview
• A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in the field of athletics, physical education, or sports management
As a PreK - 12 Classical and Christian school in suburban Cleveland, WCA is committed to quality instruction through the lens of a Biblical worldview in a nurturing environment. We use classical methodology that includes grammar, Latin, logic, rhetoric and daily instruction from God’s Word. WCA is a family-oriented community, united by the bond of being Christ followers who desire our children to grow in godly character with a zeal for learning. To learn more, explore our website at westsideacademy.org