SLO Classical Academy is seeking a Classical Education leader to inspire the ongoing development of our academic programs and grow our High School. If you are passionate about Classical Education and children, an effective and loyal team player, and an experienced servant leader, you will find ours a rare and compelling opportunity.
POSITION PURPOSE / JOB SUMMARY
The Academic Dean/High School Director is responsible for helping SLO Classical Academy deepen and broaden its understanding, experience, and application of classical education (with a twist), guiding the community to more fully embody and pass along the power of this educational approach as we seek to “educate for life.” The Academic Dean/High School Director will also oversee the building and thriving of SLOCA High School for the next 2-3 years of growth.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in related area or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in a field related to the functions of the position is strongly preferred
- 10+ years experience in education
- 8+ years experience in K-12 classical education
- 4+ years in educational leadership to include:
- Experience supervising and mentoring direct reports
- Experience guiding the professional learning and development of educators
- Demonstrated experience growing/expanding a portfolio of educational programs
- Strategic thinker who is able to translate strategy into tactical plans and timelines
- Demonstrated experience setting and managing departmental budgets
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disseminate and model SLOCA’s mission, vision, and values.
- Serve on the Executive Leadership Team and share in the management and direction of the school - strategy, planning, financial stewardship
- Contribute to SLOCA’s unique culture.
- Oversee and build our resources and processes to support families as collaborators in our mission
- Oversee accreditation as it relates to all things education.
- Serve as the High School Director - charged with growing a thriving program; oversee closely HS staff; provide the necessary support for HS administration/support staff to care for students and parents.
Staff Support and Growth
- Engage with program directors to oversee teacher support, development, and ongoing training for all levels - Early Education, Lower School, High School
- Ensure SLOCA’s preferred pedagogy and approach is successfully adopted by all educators through training, consistent evaluations, and observations
- Support educator recruitment and retention
Classical Education Dissemination
- Build our reputation as a quality classical institution - a beacon in the modern educational world.
- Supervise our core classical program to ensure all aspects remain in harmony with the mission of the school and education builds fluidly from preschool through high school.
- Teach/train/write on classical education for the community
- Discover and present powerful voices in classical education to inspire growth and innovation toward our mission
- Form alliances with other classical educators (associations, non-sectarian schools across the nation, etc).
Robust full-time, year-round exempt; health benefits, tuition discount, holiday pay and paid time off.
$110 - 120k: Commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time