• Understands and applies pedagogical skills and objectives in a classical Christian model.
• Integrates biblical, spiritual formation, and discipleship into lesson plans.
• Utilizes developmentally age-appropriate and engaging teaching strategies.
• Collaborates in developing and maintaining a vertically and horizontally aligned curriculum with colleagues.
• Works with the department to ensure consistently high standards within the instructional program; provides the team leader with the weekly lesson plans; and maintains updated lesson plans in the curriculum mapping program.
• Follows policies and procedures concerning documentation, record keeping, and communication with parents.
• Informs parents of their child’s progress by preparing progress reports, parent conferences, weekly newsletters, and report cards according to the schedule set by the division director.
• Maintains accurate records and notifies the division office of all tardies and absences, serious accidents or health concerns, and concerns for students' physical or mental safety.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Represent and promote the school at designated school events.
• Provides adequate supervision of students at all times in accordance with teacher guidelines.
• Demonstrates classroom management, utilizes positive guidance, and refrains from corporal punishment.
• Completes the required number of hours of professional development opportunities per school year as set by the Head of School.
• Attends division and all-school meetings.
• Travels with grade level on assigned class trips and other field trips.
• Upholds the Student and Employee Handbooks.
• Completes all assigned compliance training.
• Demonstrates a willingness to work as part of a team by being service-oriented, flexible, and reliable when helping co-workers accomplish their jobs/tasks at hand.
• An ongoing commitment toward advancing the Christ-centered mission of Veritas Christian Academy is required.
• A Bachelor's degree is required. A Master's degree in a relevant field is preferred.
• A valid teaching certificate is preferred.
• Previous experience teaching 1st-4th grade is preferred.
• Experience teaching in an independent school is preferred.
7000 Ferris St, Bellaire, TX 77401