Dear SCL Members and Friends,
As we reflect on 2023 and look forward to a new year, the SCL team is grateful for the opportunities to serve so many schools across the United States and around the world. God has been faithful to grow the classical Christian school movement in ways none of us could have imagined. More families than ever are embracing the classical model. Classical Christian education is rooted in simple but timeless ideas that align with the values of so many families. This past year further demonstrated that parents are no longer satisfied with the educational options available to them. The school choice movement, homeschooling, and micro schools all grew at an accelerated rate alongside burgeoning classical Christian schools. There are more opportunities to expand the reach, influence, and impact of CCE than ever before!
Throughout 2023, the SCL team has prayerfully evaluated the ways in which we can steward the opportunities presented to us, serve the movement, and support the schools in our network. We are grateful for the significant progress we have seen in 2023. Below is a brief overview of some of the highlights from a banner year for SCL:
- Expanded our team with incredible talent to better serve our members, partners, and leaders
- Hosted our largest, most successful conference in Dallas with almost 2,000 attendees
- Released our accreditation program with new standards and piloted visits at five schools
- Conducted our inaugural Thriving Schools Study surveying hundreds of schools and producing a series of reports to help schools better understand the movement
- Expanded our international reach, including new partnerships formed in the UK
- Developed a new website with expanded resources and content
- Trained over 400 leaders through workshops, cohorts, and training events
- Filled the fourth cohort (with a waiting list) for the Gordon leadership masters program
- Expanded our strategic partnerships with heads of school, donors, businesses, and colleges/universities
- Launched our first fundraising campaign and exceeded our phase one goal
- Expanded our reach to collaborative schools and college advisors
- Launched a school growth initiative to significantly expand the number of classical Christian schools
As we look forward to 2024, the SCL team is humbled and grateful for the privilege of serving so many schools and leaders. Our mission is only fulfilled if your school is healthy, sustainable, and flourishing. We exist to ensure you are operating a thriving classical Christian school! As we enter 2024, please let us know how we can better serve you and continue to advance the cause of classical Christian education.